Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Stamped Knitting Journal

My Article on HubPages about my foray into the knitting world

It was a busy, busy weekend.  We had our granddaughter, Keeley, since Thursday and just brought her back to Buffalo today, Sunday.  Hence, no postings since Wednesday.  It's late, and I'm tired, but just wanted to share this journal I made for my knitting obsession hobby.  I use it to log my completed projects (with pictures of course), details about yarns I have on hand, needles and sizes, and thoughts and ideas on knitting.

This first picture is the front cover.  I stamped knitting images (all stamps from Magenta) all over the green and lavender paper.  I wrapped the paper onto an 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 cardboard piece, and added the purple strip where they joined.  I added a piece of lavender cardstock to the backside of the front cover to hide the raw edges of the tucked under paper from the front.  I then stamped the sheep stamp onto natural cardstock and layered it, then foam mounted it to the top section.  The three images in the bottom section were stamped onto natural cardstock squares, then "painted" in with a waterbrush.  To do this, I just touched the brush to the outline of the image, and pulled the color in from the outline.  You can do this with dye inks or markers.  I used markers to "ink" the stamps, then stamped them and immediately used the waterbrush to pull in the color.  This is how I was able to get green and lavendar inks on the images.  Then I cut them out, layered them up, and finished up with some fabulous yarn around the cover and through the punched holes along the left edge.

This next picture is the back of the journal.  I stamped  phrase and quote stamps from Penny Black randomly along the back pieces. 
I added several pieces of natural cardstock to the inside before tying the journal together with yarn and ribbon.
That's it!  It's fast, it's easy, and mostly, it will be fun to use.  I can't wait to make more.  Hmmm, one for my doodles, maybe one for books I've read.  A quote journal would be fun, and how about one for the holidays.  I made one a while back for a friend who has tea parties every year, so she could journal and record her tea party pictures and ideas.


Here's a link to my story on HubPages about my journey into the world of yarn and knitting:
http://hubpages.com/_quhng16s2trb/hub/Yarn--Knitting-Needles--and-Socks--Oh-My
Now it's getting late, and I'm off to catch some zzzz's before work tomorrow.  Hope you liked this little project.
Blessings!
     lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!