Saturday, September 26, 2009

Winter Wedding!!! Elegant Bridal Shower Invitation

FINALLY, my prayers are being answered.  My daughter, Faith, and Dan are getting married!!! I'm so excited...can you tell?  It will be a very intimate ceremony with a small reception following, as the kids are footing the bill themselves.  It  will be a romantic winter wedding, December 5th.  He proposed by arranging 100 lit votive candles (in holders) in a trail leading from the apartment door to the living room fireplace, where he had them arranged into a heart shape. Under each candle was a pink construction paper heart with a reason why he wanted her to be his wife. 100 different reasons!!!  This is what Faith saw when she got home from work that night.  Now, this kid can give hubby some lessons!

So, now that I've gotten that announcement done, I wanted to share the shower invitation I made for a shower my friend, Sylvia, and I are having next month.


I blocked the address to protect out of consideration to my friend 



The rose was embossed with gold embossing powder, then water-colored.  I added a tiny bow, a crystal on the rose, and a "dew-drop" of Diamond Glaze on the leaf.  I used a border punch along the bottom edge, so the pink shimmer paper shows through.  The invitation itself was composed on my computer, then I printed it onto ivory cardstock, and cut it to size.  It scanned poorly, so it looks like brownish splotches are on the paper, but they're not.  It's just ivory cardstock.  It's 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch square, with no fold-over, just a single panel, layered.  Her bridal party loved it so much they asked me to make their shower invitations for them!  Of course, I will.  How can I say no?!

Blessings,
     lynda

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! Love the little ribbon tied around the rose. What a romantic fella your daughter is marrying, he sounds like a keeper :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!