Friday, October 23, 2009

Bridal Shower Favors

It's SIX WEEKS till the wedding!!

There, I got that out!  Whew!  These weeks are flying by, there's so much to do.  Faith (my daughter) is holding up well, and surprising me with some very sensible decisions and choices.  I'm actually doing very well, also.  
We've been busy, busy, busy, getting things ready, having fittings, last minute changes and orders, and so much more.  
Right now my focus is on this weekend, Sunday, to be exact.  That's Faith's bridal shower here in Rochester.  My friend, Sylvia, and I, are giving it.  It is being held at Sylvia's house, and I must say everything is simply lovely.  We decorated Tuesday, copying Martha Stewart's ideas.  We have shimmering tulle in the chandelier, with crystals hanging from it.  There is tulle "poufed" around the table, with ribbons and beads.  It looks magical.  All I can say is, move over Martha!  lol.

Seriously, though, I think Faith will be pleasantly surprised when she sees it.  Sylvia is very, very talented with food  and hospitality.  She's a hostess to the max, and really knows how to plan a party.  I am the designated design artist for invitations, favors, decorations.  We make a great team, and it has been fun planning this event.  Hmmmm.....maybe we should go into business with this!


Anyways, back to the blog.  I have posted a couple of pictures here of the favors.  I made the little candy "purses" as an afterthought, after I already made these post-it holders.  Had to have 'em, as they're just too cute, and Faith loves purses and shoes!  They (the purses) have little Hershey's nugget chocolates in them.  


The Post It holder is actually one of those acrylic frames.  I got them at the Christmas Tree Shop for 89 cents each.  Instead of standing it up, I laid it flat.  I slipped a piece of vellum paper with rosebuds on it inside the frame, to fit, taped these pretty post-its (Joann Fabrics had them) onto the top, then tied a ribbon around the top.  I embossed the butterfly (Penny Black stamp) and colored it from the back with markers.  That's it....easy, and very elegant.  These can be done for any occasion with different types of papers.





So, now I'm working on the thank you notes.  Hope to have them done by Sunday, so Faith can take them home with her.  After that project, I will be making the card box for the wedding.  I made one for one of Faith's friends, and she wants me to make hers. Here's the one I made for her friend's wedding.  The colors on Faith's will be different, and a different design, more elegant, less whimsical.  Can't wait to go shopping for the supplies and pick the colors.  She wants ivory with gold, with some flowers and ribbon.


Well, it's off to dreamland for me.  Been a loooooong week.  I have cookies to cut out and bake tomorrow for the shower, a prayer shawl to deliver, vegetables to get into the freezer before they spoil (from our farmer's market), finishing touches for the shower, and a shower gift to shop for yet, all before Sunday!


Hope you have a wonderful weekend.  Enjoy our fall blessings!


Joyfully,


lynda



 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!