Sunday, October 4, 2009

Call Me Paparozzi Nana! Meeting Ryan Miller of the Buffalo Sabres!!

We went to Buffalo today for hubby to get fitted for his tux for our daughter's upcoming wedding, and to "return" Keeley after having her since Friday.  We had a great weekend with our granddaughter, and came home tired, but content.  There is nothing like having a four year old tomboy running around your house to keep you young!
On the way home from the tux fitting we all stopped at Wegmans to pick up some groceries (Faith wanted to make soup for Dan who has a cold).  As we're shopping, Faith spotted Ryan Miller of the Buffalo Sabres.  She informed me that he is the "Jim Kelly of hockey," and the top Sabres player.  She asked Dan to take Keeley over to him and ask for his autograph.  But neither of them could make themselves do it.  So, instead, we walked around Wegmans, and every time we saw him (he was with his girlfriend), Faith tried to get the courage to approach him.
Finally, at the checkout, he was two checkouts over.  I said, "Give me Keeley."  I took her, my camera, and a notepad I had in my purse, and went over and waited for him to check out.
He saw me and I motioned to my camera and Keeley.  He shook his head, and when he got through the line, he graciously posed for pictures with Keeley and me, signed an autograph for her, and gave her a high-five and told her he liked her outfit (she and Faith and Dan were all decked out in their Buffalo Bills duds for the game today).  I have posted a couple of the pics here.

I have already sent for the pictures, and can't wait to pick them up so I can scrapbook them.  The kids have his autograph safely framed and put up on Keeley's wall already!  We had a great day, in spite of the rain.  Wish I could say the same for the Bills!  Must be that Miami heat!  I have a very busy week this week, with meetings, talks to prepare and deliver next weekend, and prayer shawls to deliver.  But I hope to get these pics back and get a couple of them scrapbooked and posted soon.  I really must document our mini paparozzi team of Keeley and Nana!
In the meantime, I thought I'd share this card I made for my aunt.  It's a Penny Black stamp, and I watercolored it with markers and highlighted with the Stardust clear gel pen.  I crinkled and distressed the yellow strip behind the image.  Finished off with a ribbon a some knots!
Now, it's off to bed for some much need sleep!
Joy,
lynda
                                                                                         




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!