Today's TT post is about crumpling and distressing paper. The pink and green panel on this card started out as a piece of ivory card stock.
- Crumple cardstock, paper, or decorative paper into a tight ball. Open and crumple again.
- Smooth crumpled piece so that there are still some raised ridges.
- Rub stamp pad over this piece, getting color on the ridges. Don't press too hard, as you want the "valleys" to remain inkless.
- Crumple piece again. Open and smooth out piece. If you are happy with the look, you are finished. You can add more ink and repeat above steps if more color is needed.
- Optional: Repeat above steps with second color.
- Optional: After first inking, try spritzing with a fine mist of water before re-crumpling. This softens the ink and gives a more diffused look. That is what I did with the panel on the above card.
- Smooth until flat (can be pressed with an iron if desired).
Peace and blessings,