Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Technique Tuesday - Glitter Glue

Have you ever stopped to think about what your stamping style is?  I've had this conversation with two different friends lately, and it was fun to hear what we each thought each other's style is.  I appreciate all different styles, and even dabble in several myself, however, I have my own unique style, as we all do.  Today I challenged myself to make a card out of my element, and not in my "style." I decided to try to keep it simple.  I must say, I found it very difficult, but will definitely be doing it again.  Here's the card, and, although I did add a couple of embellishments and some vellum and glitter glue, for the most part, it's pretty simple in design.  I couldn't help myself, however, and had to tear and distress the edges, use some decorative scissors, and add a little piece of vellum and some glitter glue.

Now for my glitter glue technique.  This is a solid rose stamp, so I just applied marker colors to the stamp, gave it a spritz with a fine-mist spritzer, and stamped it onto a white panel.  After it dried, I applied yellow glitter glue to a few areas, then took my finger and spread it all around the flower head.  You can't really see from the picture, but this gave the flower a really pretty glitter look, especially when looking at it from different angles.  Then I added some glitter glue along the edges of the petals, and let it dry so those areas remained dimensional.  Simple technique, but quite and interesting look.
The stamps are Hero Arts.

For another card idea, especially for a male card, hop on over to the Penny Black Blog and check out my father's day card.  And please leave some love there....I appreciate your comments.  Here's the link:  http://pennyblackinc.wordpress.com/ 
 
What a simply lovely day it was here today!  I really got to appreciate it, because it was my day off (even though I had to go in for about an hour to do something quick).  I met my friend, Arlene, for breakfast at a mutual favorite spot - Panera's!  After talking for a while, we jokingly remarked about being there until lunch, because we had so much to catch up on.  Yesssiree, you guessed it.  We were enjoying ourselves so much, that we hadn't even notice the time.  Finally, I saw that people were ordering lunch-like foods, and we checked the time.   It was after 12!!  We got there at 9!  Where did that time go??! Well, obviously we really had a good time, and vowed to do this more often.

It was a great way to spend the morning, and I made myself a promise to take the time to connect with my friends more often.  Seems life is always getting in the way, and I, for one, don't take the time as often as I should, to visit with my friends.  Yet I enjoy it so much when I do.  This is going to change!

I hope you are taking some time for yourself to connect with those you care about.  These summer days are fleeting, and before you know it, will be behind us.  I'm hoping you're doing some fun things for yourself.

Blessings and peace,

lynda

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love all the glitter and how you colored the rose! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this beautiful card, Lynda! So neat with the glitter! It has such a nice effect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you did the rose. It gave an oil painting effect! Afterall, it was not a simple card as you planned it to be! Love the card!
    Lai-Yoke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty rose card Lynda, I love the glitter effect, beautiful x
    Thanks ever so much for your lovely comments on my blog :) I am thrilled to have a card on the PB blog and like you I have loved PB since I first started crafting!
    Loved your bright, fun hedgie joy fold card, so cute! and I love the muted tones on your Father's Day card too.
    I will keep popping by your blog :)

    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!