Monday, April 4, 2011

Technique Tuesday - Stamping on Fabric

Elegant Card With Image Stamped on Moire 
I was looking through some fabric stash I have left over from a wedding card box I had made, and found a piece of lovely white moire fabric.  I thought it might be fun to try stamping on it.  So I "inked" up this tulip stamp (Hero Arts) with Marvy markers, huffed on it, and stamped it onto the moire.  I was pleasantly surprised when it stamped quite well on the fabric, without running or feathering!
Next, I adhered this fabric stamped piece to cardstock with a sheet of wide double sided tape, then I cut out the oval shape with my Spellbinder's oval die in my Cuttlebug.  
To gather the ribbon, I ran tape around the back of the stamped piece, and carefully placed the ribbon along the tape, gathering it as I fed it along the oval.
To give the piece more stability, I cut another oval the same size, and adhered it to the back, over the ribbon, using my tape runner.   

 After layering my card, I added my tulip piece with foam tape. I made the bow with my Bow-Easy.

As an afterthought, after the picture was already taken for the blog, I added some pearl accents.

I entered this card in the Card Patterns challenge blog here . This is the sketch: 

 I love the way the pattern of the moire shows through the stamped tulip.  It gives it a really different look.  You can see it better if you click on the picture of the card.  

Well, that's it for tonight.  Hope you got to enjoy a little peek at the sun today!  I saw in the forecast that it will be 68 degrees on Monday!!  Can it be spring is really here?  Fingers crossed!
Blessings,
lynda

3 comments:

  1. Soooo very pretty!!! I love the ruffle frame!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love all the pink you used. So glad that you could play along with us this week on Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such wonderful ribbon treatment! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!