Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine's Day Card Using Cuttlebug & Spellbinders

Happy Valentine's Day.....I'm BACK!!

SCROLL DOWN TO SEE ENTIRE CARD
Hi there!  I know it's been a while since I posted, so I thought I'd catch you up.  I really, really missed blogging - and spending lots of time in my craft room.  I'm finally able to take a breather, and getting back to a semi-routine.  AND, finally stamping and scrapbooking again.  I'm so excited to be back in my room doing what I love, love, love to do.  I'll catch you up, then show you one of my Valentine creations I made for the Cart Patterns Sketch challenge.  Here's a link to the challenge blog:  Card Patterns Sketch 151 .   Here's a sneak preview.  Scroll down to see the rest of the card after my catch-up.


CATCH UP:  My "new" job (I started in June as administrative assistant/secretary at my church) is going very well, and I LOVE, Love, Love it.  Can't believe it's been  eight months already.  Seems like I just started.  I actually enjoy going to work every day, and look forward to it.  It's interesting, challenging yet not overwhelming (now that I know what I'm doing most of the time), and the staff is WONDERFUL - the best people I've ever worked with.  Did I say I LOVE MY JOB?!  Ok, I guess I did.

My family is doing very well.  Faith, Dan, Keeley, and Kennedy, the joys of my life are doing well.  Keeley was seven in January, and Kennedy was one in November.  It was a busy holiday season.  We celebrated Kennedy's birthday and Thanksgiving in November, Faith's birthday, Dan and Faith's anniversary, Christmas in December, Dan and Keeley's birthday and New Years in January.....with other extended family and friends occasions interspersed throughout as well. Phew.

Hubby's job is very unstable.  He's working three days a week now, in lieu of closing down entirely.  Praying for the company to get some orders so he can stay employed.  It's tough out there!

That's the 'in a nutshell' version.  I will be back here at the blog more often now that I have a better handle on my job.  I'm actually starting to take Fridays off, which I was supposed to have all along, but have been working just until I can do my work in the four days I was hired for.  I think it's time.  I took off last week, and this week.  Fingers crossed.  I figure if I can get through the holiday season in the church office, I can get through anything!

As far as this blog, I will be here as time allows, and when inspired, of course.  Today I would like to share one of the Valentine's cards I made.  I used a Cuttlebug embossing folders, an EK Success punch for the swirl cut-out area, and Nestabilities for the circle, Gina K. Designs stamp.  And here's the card......

And...just have to share a couple of pics of my favorite people:




That's it for now.  See you soon at the blog!

Happy Valentine's Day!

lynda

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Lynda. Have check your blog many times and was wondering where you went. Great valentine card. Love the embossing above the beautiful scroll work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card- love that butterfly! And what great photos of your family/friends. Love the one with the girl in the flowers- so pretty!! SO glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, lynda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Lynda. I missed your blogs. Glad everything is going okay. Loved the photos of the girls.Beautiful card-look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to see you back !! I've missed your posts. Glad to hear your job is going so well also.
    Beryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to see you're back! I've really missed you. The kids are so adorable!
    Karen J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynda I am so glad you are back...I missed your posts, and blogs and pictures of the kids.
    ~Paula

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you are back. I think you granchildren are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!