Friday, August 17, 2012

Cards With Stencil Images

I decided to bring out my stencils for a couple of CAS cards.  Clean and Simple is the name of the game with these two cards.  I decided to go white with the backgrounds and with the images, and add touches of color with some simple embellishments and snippets of colored card stock.

Here they are:
Click to enlarge to see detail in the stencil
Click on image to enlarge to see stenciled detail










 
The detail in the stencils shows up really well on the live cards...just didn't photograph well.  I used stencils I had in my stash from American Traditionals and Dreamweaver.  I chose to keep them white to keep the cards CAS. 

It's easier than ever to use stencils now, with the Cuttlebug, Sizzix, and other machines.  I have the Cuttlebug, and I simply put it through my machine using this sandwich:  B plate, rubber mat, stencil, card stock, B plate, and I used two card stock weight shims.  Comes out perfect every time.  Gone are the days of light boxes and hand cramps from embossing with the stylus!!  It's sooooo easy with the 'bug."  If you wish to color your embossed images, just keep the stencil on, and use inks or chalks to color.  I use an alligator clip with pieces of foam to add ink, or with tiny cotton pom poms to add chalk.  Easy-peasy and super adorable!

The backgrounds are done with Spellbinder's and Provo Craft embossing lates.  Just a punched butterfly (with some embossing plate detail on the wings) and some flowers and pearl accents and the cards are finished.  Elegant, yet easy-peasy.

Hope you enjoyed!

Blessings,

lynda

1 comment:

  1. Great idea Linda! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!