Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Asian Note Card

Thought I'd go with an Asian theme for this simple note card. I started with a cream colored card, layered with a teal blue, then a narrow black border for drama. I ran the cream main Image piece through my Cuttlebug with an embossing folder just three fourths of the way on the card panel. Then I inked the flower with teal and black inks and stamped it along the no -embossed side of the panel. It seemed to need something, so I scored along the embossed area between the image to create the score line which separates the embossing from the image. A little thing really, but really changed the effect a lot.
A coordinating floral image die cut and layered in circles for accent. With some ribbon,and, yes, a couple of pearls (colored with my Copics to match the teal). That's it...a simple Asian note card. I used the same floral accent circles inside with a black card stock strip.
Here it is:
lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!