Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Just Saying Hello Challenge Card

Weather here has been exquisite.  The temperature has been hovering in the high 60's and low 70's for several days now.  I have been taking full advantage, especially after our long, l o n g, cold, never-ending winter here!  Working in my garden has been taking up a good deal of my time.  I love planting, weeding, nurturing, and enjoying my garden.

I took a break this afternoon to do some stamping and playing in my craft room.  I was beginning to go into withdrawal!  For my card today I used Tim Holtz distress inks, the Painted Butterflies set from Altenew, the 'hello' die from WPlus9, and gold pigment from FineTec.  
I really had fun with this one.  I love the layering stamps, and this butterfly set from Altenew has several different butterflies in all shapes and orientations, each with layering options.  Distress ink colors I used are tumbled glass, salty ocean, and chipped sapphire; then I added some gold highlights with the FineTec Inca Gold mica pigments.  'Just saying' is from the same stamp set.
I created a background piece using the glazed glass background technique.  You can see Sandy Allnock's tutorial on this technique here:  http://sandyallnock.com/faux-glazed-glass-background-technique/ .  I used this technique on a card in my March 27th post HERE , where I used the Altenew peonies.  Here is a close-up of the background I created with this technique, which I used as a frame for the Just saying and from which I die cut the 'hello.'
I layered up hello by cutting and stacking three layers, then outlined the outside in gold.  I used foam tape to raise the Just saying panel. Finished with a spattering of the inks.


This card is for the following challenges:





Faux glazed glass background piece
Close up of the background pieces for hello and just saying

Supplies 
That's it for today.  The sun is getting ready to set, so I think I will go outside for a bit and catch a glimpse.  I am still in awe of nature's beauty!

Blessings,
     lynda

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love that amazing background!! So pretty!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!