Thursday, May 21, 2015

Sending Birthday Blessings Card

Today my card is all about black and white, and simplicity.  I used the Altenew Peony Scrolls stamps.  The images are embossed with black embossing powder, masked, and layered.  The third peony is dimensionalized with some foam tape.  The Sending die is from Simon Says Stamp, and is one of my favorites.  I have been using it a lot lately.  I cut it from black, attached that to the card, then in white, and slightly offset it.  It gives it a different look, and is quite nice in person.  Not so great in photo. 
This did not photograph very well.  The shimmer on the two flowers was done with a gel glitter pen.  It had started running out of ink in the second flower, hence the slightly lighter effect.  I chose to leave the third plain.

Hope you enjoy your day today.  I am going to concentrate on trying to shake this cough.  Vicks, vitamin C, and Emergen-C for me, and staying put with a book, rest, and some Zentangles and writing.

See you tomorrow with more cards!

Blessings,
     lynda 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!