Sunday, June 7, 2015

Art Journal Page

It's June, and time for another Coloring Challenge from The Daily Marker!  You can check out the details on the blog at www.thedailymarker.blogspot.com.  

I'm a little late getting started.  I have been working on a massive project in my craft room.  Now that it is finished, I have been working on cards and projects for the challenge.  I made a few, and finally got around to taking the pictures, and now posting them to my blog.  
My first entry is an art journal page.  I have an art journal for my Zentangles, and had played around with starting one for my ink/stamp/marker/painting interests, but never seriously did much about it....a couple of weak starts, then nothing.  Well, all that changed this week when my friend, Karen, called me gushing about her very first art journal page....which was exquisite!!  She got me excited too, and I sat right down and made this. 
I used multi medium card stock, and Tim Holtz distress inks, glitter, markers, and stencils and stamps, along with some hand lettering.  I have not decided what form my art journal will take yet.  I like the moleskin journals, but I also like the freedom of no binding.  I'm leaning towards just continuing on individual sheets like this, and figuring out how I will bind them (or not) down the road.  Any thoughts?  If you art journal, what format do you use?

I will be back tomorrow with a couple of cards.   It is day seven of the challenge already!  I will post  couple of cards on some days so I can catch up.

Hope you are finding time to play!
Blessings,
     lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!