Thursday, February 18, 2016

Art Journal Page - Make Every Day a Masterpiece

Sometimes ya just have to break all the rules and really get into your art.  That's the mood I was in today.  I started this art journal page several weeks ago, and put it aside because it seemed to need something.  Something about it was bothering me.  So, today I pulled it out and got messy with my art journal supplies.

The quote I had there was small and just didn't seem to fit.  So, I got crazy with my gesso and covered it all up and repainted over it.  Then, I found this stamp, and Voila!  That was what I was looking for.  I also added some color and stamps here and there that weren't on the original.

The stamps used on this page, with the exception of the verse, are all Magenta.  Lots of fussy-cutting, painting, and layering.  The background is gesso, and painted with TH distress inks.  

I do not do a lot of art journaling, but I really enjoy it when I do.  It is very freeing.  It's fun to just let go and see what happens.  Perhaps I don't do as much of it is because I'm just too lazy to deal with the mess afterwards.  But working on this got me wanting to play again.

This is my coloring for the day for the 30 Day Color Challenge at Our Daily Marker  day 18.  

Hope you are having a blessed day.

lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!