Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Happy Inky Accident

This is my color challenge Day 9 card for the challenge at The Daily Marker.  Not the card I had started to make for the challenge.....


I was happily wet brushing ochre and  mustard colors randomly on a watercolor panel, and they were blending just the way I had wanted them to.  I put it aside to air dry, and proceeded to pull out my chipped sapphire distress ink to stamp a phrase on some vellum.  Somehow between the stamping of the verse and the replacing of the ink top, IT happened.   I gasped audibly as the ink pad flipped ink-side-down on top of my perfect masterpiece background!  

Yep, right  through the center of all that yellow-ey loveliness was a huge dark blue gash!  Not to be unraveled by a piece of paper, I just flipped it over and started over.  This time, I brushed on chipped sapphire and faded jeans using lots of water and blending.  I did it in layers, adding deeper shades here and there.  Then I added some gold from my Fine Tec paints here and there.  I continued adding 
blue and gold until I was satisfied.

When the background dried, I stamped my favorite Magenta stamps, the dragonflies, in the blue inks, and one of their little swirl stamps with gold ColorBox ink.  The dots are one of those wood dowel stamps that I've had for years.  Added the verse stamped on vellum, and some gold cording to finish it off.

Thanks for stopping by.  See you tomorrow, when I will try to have two posts to catch up to day 11!

Blessings,
lynda


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!