Monday, February 29, 2016

Simon Says.....Happy Birthday!

Here it is, the final card for the 30 day color challenge at The Daily Marker.  
I used Simon Says Stamp clear stamp set Artful Flowers SSS101488, and their Happy Birthday die.  The little birthday word is from W Plus 9 set Hand Lettered Hello.  The die is Spellbinders Curved Borders Two.

On white card stock, I stamped the flowers multiple times, masking as needed, with distress antique linen ink so I could do no-line coloring.  I used Copic markers to color the flowers. 

I layered the panel onto orange card stock.  I decided it needed something more, so I opened the card, and cut the front under the grouping with the dies.  Then I added a panel of vellum, attaching it to the front panel underneath.  I like the look that the vellum bottom gives the card.  It is difficult to photograph how it looks opened with just the vellum on the bottom.

I double cut and layered the Happy slight off so some of the orange shows under the white, then stamped birthday on another piece of vellum and attached that to a scrap of white card stock, and attached under the Happy.  A scattering of clear iridescent sequins finishes off the card.

Thank you for stopping by today.  I do hope you will check out the other entries and all the fun over at Kathy's blog at the link above.

This card is also for the 
and 

Thank you for stopping by today.  

Blessings,

lynda

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Lynda! It's so pretty & striking.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really delightful floral card and lovely bold oranges Lynda, many thanks for joining in at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!