Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Art Journal Page - Dylusions

Here it is.....day 30....the last day of the 30 day color challenge at The Daily Marker.  It has been fun, though sometimes a little difficult, to create something every day.  I really enjoyed myself, though, and stretched myself a little.  Many thanks to Kathy for hosting this challenge on her fabulous blog!
I started this as an art journal page a while ago, and kind of just left it.  I stamped the girl (Dylusions clear stamp) onto 110 pound watercolor paper.   I decided to create a neutral background, so I masked her, then used my paint brush and distress inks to brush color around her.  Then I did a little spattering with a large brush. 

I want to give this to my daughter, so when I rescued this from my art journal today, I decided to attach it to a canvas, so she can hang it or use it on an easel.   During the time this project was "brewing," I was thinking of what quote I would use.  I decided on this one, and did my best printing (I really need to take some classes on hand lettering).  It is the perfect quote for my daughter, who loves life and embraces it with passion.  She also happens to be a hair stylist and makeup artist at the salon she manages.   

I watercolored the image with distress inks, and the rose on her hat separately, and attached it with foam tape to make it dimensional.  I added a few more details and touch-ups, and sponged distress ink along the edges to soften the canvas.

I am glad I rescued this from my journal and finally finished it.  I hope she likes it!

I am entering this in Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes .

Thank you for stopping in today.  

Blessings,

lynda


1 comment:

  1. Love this !! You did a great job and inspire me to go a little outside my comfort zone with these techniques. Thank you !

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!