Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Random Act of Zentangle

You've been RAZ'd!

As many of you know, I'm a little obsessed with Zentangle.  I love this art form.   I do not go anywhere without my little journal, a couple of 3 1/2 inch tiles, and my micron pens.  I never know when I will have to wait...the doctor's office, dentist, meetings, etc.  I love that the supplies I need are very few and small enough to be very portable.  Rarely a day goes bye that I don't tangle at least a little in my journal, and often a tile.

Here is a recent bookmark I tangled, learning a new pattern to me...
I joined a Facebook group recently called Random Acts of Zentangle.  As the group name suggests, the idea is that you make a Zentangle tile, or bookmark, or any piece of art with tangling.  Then you bring it out into the world, and leave it somewhere for someone to find.  The supermarket, the gym, library, park, doctor/dentist office...you get the idea.  I put a little note on mine so that whoever sees it knows they can take it, keep it...pass it on...or leave it there for someone else.  I tell a little about what a RAZ (random act of zentangle) is, and give the Facebook group address so they can tell of their find if they choose.

People always ask me what I do with them.  I don't usually 'do' anything with them...occasionally I will give one to someone who likes it, and I have a little plastic square cube frame in my kitchen which displays six zentangle squares at a time.  The rest are in a scrapbook.  I really do it for the experience of doing it.  I find it very relaxing, and calming.  My blood pressure is lower, I sleep better after tangling in the evening, and I just plain feel better.  It is a wonderful stress reliever!

So, now I have decided to send some of my little pieces of art out into the universe.  I know that God gave me artistic talent to bring joy to others.  I try to do that whenever I can.  So when I saw this group, I thought I would give it a try.  It is difficult letting go of my 'babies,' not knowing where it will end up.  But it's exciting at the same time.    My hope is that each piece I send out into the world will bring a little joy into someone's life. 

Today I sent one of my pieces out for the very first time.  I will admit, I almost took it back.  I wasn't prepared for how difficult it was to let it go.  But, let it go, I did.  I put it against the mirror on the shelf in the ladies locker room at Planet fitness today.  I can't wait to see if it is still there when I go back.  I hope someone finds it who needs a smile today.  I am putting encouraging and inspirational quotes on the backs.  

I'm glad I found this little group.  It's one more way I can bring happiness and a little blessing to others. 

The bookmark tangle above will go in a library....probably tomorrow. This is the tile I placed in they gym today....
If you would like to know more about Zentangle, you can read about it HERE .  If you try it, let me know what you think.  I will be happy to answer any questions and share my ideas with you.

Whew...this was a long post.  Thanks for stopping by today.  

I am working on a watercolor card for tomorrow's post.  I'm not exactly enamored with it, but I have decided to post it anyways.  I did the watercoloring tonight, and will assemble the card and post it tomorrow.  

Have a wonderful, restful night.  

Blessings,
lynda




1 comment:

  1. Love your Zentangle, I would LOVE to find that!! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!