Thursday, April 7, 2016

Sending Prayers Card

This card started out with the Peony Scrolls from Altenew.  I embossed them with white embossing powder, masking as I went along, then watercolored them using distress inks in seedless preserves, dusty concord, wilted violet, and chipped sapphire.  When the flowers were dry, I watercolored the background with wild honey and squeezed lemonade.  Since yellow and purple are opposite on the color wheel, they complement each other.  I used foam tape to add the two smaller flowers, and drew the stems with my Versamark pen and embossed them.

I painted a scrap of the watercolor paper with the purples, and die cut the word prayers from that.  I manipulated the die into a curved shape and attached it, then stamped 'sending you' from the Simon Says Stamp Prayers set SSS101562.  The die also comes from that set.

A few green pearls finished off my card.

That's it for tonight.  Hope you had a blessed day.

lynda


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!