The stamps used for this card are from the W Plus 9 set Beautiful Bouquets: Dahlias. These pretty flowers were fun to paint. I used an inexpensive, low-quality set of pan watercolor paints, just to see how they would perform. I hadn't used them in quite a while, and actually have kept them to share with my grandies.
Overall, I was not really happy with them. They were quite chalky and brittle, and it was difficult to get enough pigment on my brushes. I did this little experiment, because I want to purchase a better set of pan watercolors, but I needed to justify spending more money on them when I already had my set that I share with my granddaughters when they come over. I did order a set of the Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors after this trial. I know I will get lots of use from them. The card isn't too bad, but it was a lot more work than if I had paints that cooperated with me.
For the layering piece under the panel, I used plain white card stock, and taped a stripe template over it. I used Tim Holtz distress inks and Clarity stencil brushes to brush on my stripes. I did the orange first, then moved the stencil over slightly and added pink, then moved it over more and added more pink. It looks as though I used three colors, but I only used two. I will definitely be using this technique again.