Thursday, July 14, 2016

Sunshine

I thought today's post title was appropriate.  No only has the sun been shining all week, but the name of the stamp I used is Sunshine (Penny Black 3122K)....
I inked the flower stamp (sunshine) with TH distress inks using the mini pads in tattered rose, victorian velvet, and aged mahogany, peeled paint and forest moss, and spritzed it with water, then stamped it onto a watercolor paper panel.  Next, I embossed the Penny Black stamp Corner Piece 2859H with antique white embossing powder in the bottom left corner, and partially in the upper right.  Next, I distressed the panel with antique linen and brushed corduroy inks by blending ink on the panel with my round ink blenders. 

At this point, I felt it needed a little something, so, using my inks as paint, I added some shading to the flowers and leaves, and added a light watercolor wash of victorian velvet and brushed corduroy to the background.  Finally, I stamped part of the Deco Border 2653F here and there, and spattered it just a little with my paint brush.

I colored a piece of scrap card stock with the aged mahogany ink pad along the edges, then added my stamped panel to it, and trimmed it 1/16" all around, and set it aside.

For the layering panel, I stamped portions of the Letter Background 1999L with antique linen onto the panel, then sponged the edges, then added some distress marks with a wadded up tissue dipped into the ink, then onto the card.  I added the stamped panel onto this, and then mounted it all to a card.  

The Blessed die is Spellbinders.  Of course, I had to add just a couple of pearl accents.  

I am sooooo happy when I create in my own style!  

I am adding this card to The Daily Marker 30 day color challenge, and also to the following challenges:

 Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Flower and/or Fauna

Penny Black At Allsorts - Anything Goes with a stamp 


Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Please come on back tomorrow!

Blessings,

lynda

3 comments:

  1. A really beautiful creation, love that stamp and wonderful color choices! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a stunning card Lynda...that PB image is divine and you have coloured it beautifully...thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...have a great weekend...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a marvellous effect you've achieved with your PB stamps, the corner stamping is just fantastic. Thanks so much for taking the time to share with us at Penny Black & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!