Sunday, July 17, 2016

Within your heart.....

"Within your heart keep one, still, secret spot where dreams may go...."  I love this quote by Louise Driscoll.  I thought it would be a perfect quote addition for my friend's quote easel.
 As I looked through my stamps, my eye went right to the Magenta tree and fence stamp for the main image to go with this quote.  I inked it with TH distress inks, lightly spritzed it, and stamped it onto a panel of watercolor paper.  The script background is from my stash, but unfortunately I do not know the manufacturer, as I had removed the rubber from the block! A quick swish around the stamped panel with my violet Clarity brush, and a stitched die cut finished the panel.  I layered it onto green card stock, trimmed it to 1/16 inch, then onto blue/violet card stock, trimmed to 3/8 inch.  I adhered it onto a white panel, which I had swished with the Clarity brush, then onto a green backing.

The quote stamp is from Penny Black (2711F).  I stamped it onto a watercolor panel which I had die cut with the stitched die, brushed the edges, and stamped the verse.  I secured it to the base with craft foam for dimension and interest.  

The swirl die cuts are from a Spellbinder's die.  Finally, I added some opalescent sequins, just because I couldn't help myself.  Chuckle.

I believe it is day12, or is it 13, of the The Daily Marker 30 day color challenge, so this card is for that.  I am also adding it to these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Create A Scene
Addicted To Stamps Challenge - # 202 Make Your Mark
Little Red Wagon - It's Summertime

Now we are off to spend a relaxing afternoon with friends.  Hope you have a simply lovely day!

Blessings,

lynda

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!Thanks for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and so elegant! Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!