Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Pair Of Note Cards With Tiny Florals

Art Impressions Stamps has these little watercolor sets, which have flowers, foliage, and containers and buildings, and now some small animals.  They all work together to create lovely little scenes.  I just love to watch the You Tube videos of Bonnie and Kendra Krebs, as they work their magic with these stamps.

I have been playing with mine a little bit.  When I saw that the Art Impressions Stamps Challenge this time was ' make it mini,' I thought of these lovely little stamps right away. 



I created a pair of 3 1/2 x 5 inch note cards.  I used various flower and foliage stamps from the Art Impressions watercolor sets.  The Blessings is from the Art Impressions Easter Blessings 4886K set (I cut the Easter off and saved it for next year).  The stop and smell the flower verse is from the clear set Lovely by Essentials by Ellen.

I started with watercolor paper.  I taped off the edges and sponged color from Tim Holtz distress inks to create a little scene area.  Then I stamped the images.

I used Bonnie's technique of inking my flowers and foliage with Tombow markers, then stamping the scene.  Then I dabbed at them with a slightly paint brush, on which I had dipped it into water, then pinched off most of it, and dabbed at the images.  This darkens the colors, and makes the image blur just a little, giving it a watercolor look.  

I removed the tape, then attached the panel to a piece of slightly larger vellum, then used craft foam to give it dimension and interest on the card.  Some black crystals finish off the cards.

I am adding my cards to these challenges:

Art Impressions Stamps Challenge - Make It Mini 

Allsorts Challenge Blog - Something beginning with 'B' (blessings)

It was a glorious day today.....sunny, and warm.  Tomorrow is supposed to be downright summer-like, with temps in the 80's!  Not ready for that yet.  It was nice having my windows open today, and hearing the birds and feeling the breeze.

Thanks for visiting.

Blessings,

lynda

4 comments:

  1. What very pretty cards and what a lovely 'B', a first this week I think, thank you so much for joining out 'I spy' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sentiments! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely little cards.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'I Spy' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful creations, thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Allsorts!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!