Monday, May 15, 2017

Birthday Card With Altenew Lotus Stamps

This amazing stamp set is the Majestic Bloom set by Altenew Stamps.  I love the variety of views in this set, and the scripts.  I made this card for their challenge, based on the inspiration picture below.

I used watercolor paper, and stamped the images using my Misty and Ranger archival ink.  I use the Misty when I stamp on watercolor paper, as the paper is generally rather 'toothy.' The bumpy texture makes it challenging to get a smoothly stamped image.  With my Misty, I can over-stamp it as many times as I like.  How did we ever do without our amazing tools?....especially this one!

Back to my card....  I painted the images using my Tombow markers and a watercolor brush.  When the panel was dry, I touched it up with colored pencils, adding some shading, depth, and highlights.  I added the verse (from the same stamp set).  With my Clarity brush, I added some picked raspberry distress ink to the background, gradually going from dark to light, fading it out as I went up the card.  I can't resist spatters, so added a tiny spattering intermittently.  

Some Pretty Pink Posh clear drops, and Darice baker's twine finish off the panel, which I adhered to a pink A2 card base.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

Altenew Inspiration Challenge 




Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday Challenge  - April showers bring May flowers.

It's a glorious day today, with sunshine and warmish temps.....so, I'm off to play in my garden.  I'm itching to finish cleaning out my flower beds, do some mulching, and move and thin some plants.

I hope you have some time to do what it is you love today.

Blessings,

lynda

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!