Thursday, June 29, 2017

Sing A New Song Retirement Card

I needed a card for my cousin who is retiring from her job as youth director/religion coordinator after 30 some years.  This little goldfinch caught my eye.  
The stamp is from Serendipity stamps, and is called Goldfinch #1219QCL.  I stamped the image in the corner, inking with distress markers.  I painted the image with distress markers, using them as watercolor.  I fussy-cut an extra set of flowers, and attached them over the base with glue dots for added dimension.  The little notes are from the same stamp set.  I used some Faber Castell soft pastels with a makeup applicator for the soft background. 

I used Concord And 9th's Perfectly Penned stamp set to create the verse.  "Sing A New Song" is one of my favorite songs that we sing at church....and I thought it was appropriate for a retirement card.  I retired from my job as church secretary when our parish closed, so I know the mixed feelings retirement brings.  After three years, I am now perfectly happily retired, and learning my new song! 

Back to the card.... I used the double stitched rectangles dies from Our Daily Bread Designs, and layered the panel onto some coral card stock, then onto a white A2 card.  A strip of decorative paper along the left edge, and some clear droplets from Pretty Pink Posh finish off the card. 

I am entering my card in the Time Out Challenges challenge.  The theme is Celebrations...with the optional twist of one layer.  I think retirement is something to celebrate! 


Thanks so much for stopping by.  Hope you had a great day.

Blessings,

lynda



2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card with such lovely details. Your coloring looks great and I love the stitched edge. Wonderful work. Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retirement is definitely something to celebrate, totally agree! And love how your retirement card doesn't actually say 'retirement' on the front, yours is the perfect sentiment. Its a beautiful image too, which you've coloured so softly. I'm so glad you shared it with us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!