Saturday, August 12, 2017

Floral Shaped Card

The challenge on Penny Black Saturday Challenge today is to make a 'shaped' card.  I thought it was a great opportunity to use some neglected dies.
 I used Penny Black's Collage of Wishes 40-385 stamp on watercolor paper and Tim Holtz distress inks to watercolor the image.  

For the card, I used some ivory textured card stock, and the Spellbinders Decorative Elements die # S5-101.  I folded a piece of the card stock, and placed the die about a fourth of an inch over the fold so that the left edge would not cut out of the card, leaving the left seam intact.  I then cut the same die from gold card stock, cutting it fully this time, and layered this directly over the folded card, hiding the fold.  I then cut another one of the layers of the die from the ivory card stock and attached it.  


I cut my stamped panel out and attached it with foam tape to the card front, giving it dimension and interest.

Some sparkling crystals from Studio Katia finish off my card.

Inside:
I sponged the inside lightly, and stamped Penny Black's stamp Playful (51-205) lightly in pink.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Shaped cards

Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge - Anything goes (bloom)


Simon Says Monday Challenge - Happy birthday

Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With Dies Challenge 


Thanks for visiting today.  Enjoy your weekend!

Blessings,

lynda







7 comments:

  1. Such beautiful work with the Distress Inks to color the flowers. So glad to have found you through the SSS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous coloring, love your flowers! Amazing card! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I've also got these lovely very neglected dies lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Lynda... beautifully coloured... so pretty
    Thanks for joining us at Penny Black Challenge this month
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! Love the die cut base. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful card. The recipient will swoon when they receive it.
    Thanks for joining us at HLS
    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those flowers!
    Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
    Susan
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!