Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Weekend With "The Boys"

Labor Day is over, and it was back to work and routine today, but I'm still basking in the glow of the lovely weekend I had. Hubby went to camp with his brothers for some fishing and camping in the woods (NOT my idea of a good time), and I stayed home. I brought home "the boys" Friday night (Ben and Jerry - cherry garcia ice cream), watched four, yep, FOUR chick flicks. Saturday I went to the farmer's market, ate rice pilaf from a box, drank wine, stamped, scrap booked, and wrote. I spent Sunday with my inspiring scrapping buddy, Karen, and on Monday I organized my craft room!
Phew, I'm getting tired just writing about it.  But, oh, did I have fun!  Yes, it is good to have hubby back home, but the weekend reprieve was exhilarating, and just what I needed to jump-start my creativity.
I'll post some pictures later in the week of some pages from an 8 x 8 album I started making for my daughter. Have to wait for daylight to take pics, as the lights in my home wreak havoc on the true colors of the papers and inks!

I did post this card to Hero Arts gallery a couple of weeks ago for their monochromatic challenge.  Don't get too upset with me that it's a winter card! I know, I know, we really haven't had much of a summer here in upstate NY, blah, blah, blah, I know. BUT, fall is on the horizon, and winter will follow. Can it ever be too early to start thinking (dare I say it) holidays?

The Hero Arts stamps I used are all from the clear set CL234 Winter's Butterfly! I love, love, love this set. The snowflakes are all individual, and you can arrange and stamp them any way you want. I added some gemstones, and highlighted with the Stardust Gel Pen. A little sponging and distressing, and it was done. I did a similar card on blue papers, with blue ink, and highlighted with a white gel pen.  The possibilities are endless.
So, I hope I didn't scare you off with the winter card! I promise I will bring it back to summer, well, late summer, and early fall, in my next post.

If you are following me from my old website, this is where you will find me now. I have replaced it with this blog/website. I will be able to post more often here, as it's a lot less work than maintaining a website. 
If you would like to read some of my writing on HubPages, just follow this link and you will be able to read any or all of my hubs (articles):
http://hubpages.com/_quhng16s2trb/profile/DoodleLyn

I love feedback, and welcome your comments here or on my HubPages pages articles.  If you would like to comment on this post, just click the box down below that says "comments."

Blessings,
     lynda







12 comments:

  1. So far, I like what I see. Just stick with the stamping. So many are into papers and so on and less stamping. It's ok, I guess, but not what I enjoy. I like to create with stamps, not just papers and maybe, one stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're back, Lynda! I love your cards and appreciate your sharing them with us. Your ideas always "inspire" and challenge me to get going in a new direction. (Yes, even "winter" is good.) Keep stamping! And THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynda ~ welcome to the land of Blog! It's so nice to see you back. Looking forward to following your endevors & your creative works of art! I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll be able to attend your garage sale. Sounds like it's something that I can't miss! :o) And it would be fun to meet you.

    Good luck with everything!
    Hugs from Pavilion,
    Mardell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous 1 - I, too, like using stamps on my cards. I do also love papers, but there's something soothing about putting stamp to ink, don't you think? Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous 2 - So glad I could get you inspired! Thanks for your comments, and for stopping by for a visit. Hope to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mardell - I'm so happy you were here. Thanks for your welcome. I'm also looking forward to sharing with everyone...I'm very excited! I will learn a little more every day about the technology of it all, and hope to be full speed in a couple of months. Hope to see you at the garage sale.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynda, so glad you are back! I miss the Paper Garden and your fun classes. Looking forward to reading your blog and getting inspired! Anne Hughes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anne,
    Great to hear from you. I'll be seeing you around the blog! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Lynda, Have not heard from you in so long; I so enjoyed your store in Greece, beginning when my Mom discovered your first store by randomly driving around Rochester just looking for stamp stores, I guess!!! Your laugh and personality are infectious, so I am glad you are continuing with your creative talents and hopefully will continue to share them with us. You were such a good, and patient teacher with all of us, and your workshops were the best- always well organized with a lot of prep work done. I pray that all is well with your family. I hope to get to your sale. I have been a little laid up lately, as I slipped and broke my right ankle recently, but only a temporary inconvenience, not a major calamity. Keep smiling!! Love, Joyce (keukajoyce@earthlink.net)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So good to hear from you, Joyce. Thank you for your kind comments, and for coming over to my blog. Sorry to hear about your ankle. I'm sure you'll be up and around soon...you don't let things get you down.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finding you on this site was like finding a tear drop in the ocean. I have always loved your work and have been probably a not-so-secret admirer. I'm so excited to see some of your cards again. Thanks for sharing all of your talented gifts. I appreciate them when I can't find time to always get to a gathering and have to burn the midnight oil to get some alone time at home to stamp. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jan. Thank you so much for your heartfelt and encouraging comments. I appreciate you visiting my blog, and am so glad you found me. I look forward to hearing from you again! I am happy to be back
    Blessings,
    lynda

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!