Tuesday, May 19, 2015

CAS Card Floating Inlaid Die Cut

Greetings!  I spent last week in Buffalo, taking care of my granddaughters.  There is nothing like four and ten year old girls to keep this Nana busy!  It was fun, and I cherish spending time with my favorite girls!  I relaxed in the evenings by watching some UTube technique videos, so I've been anxious to try out some new techniques.  Now it's back home, and in my craft room.  I have made a few cards these past couple of days, and will be posting them this week.

This card is my take on the floating inlaid die cut technique that Catherine Pooler demonstrates on her video tutorial.  You can find the link on Catherine's blog here http://catherinepooler.com/2015/05/floating-inlaid-and-embossed-die-cuts/ .   I attached the die to acetate.
I did not emboss my die cut, rather I cut it from glossy black card stock.  I created the background using distress inks, sponged onto watercolor paper.  I love the way the black butterflies pop with the bright colors of the panel underneath.  

A simple verse by Verve finishes off this CAS card.  I left the card pretty plain, to emphasize the butterfly panel.  The die is from Simon Says Stamp.  I used this die on a card in this post as well 
http://www.paperartscafe.blogspot.com/2015/04/felt-with-heart.html .

I will be posting more cards this week, so be sure to stop back.  The weather is supposed to cool down again the rest of this week, so I will be doing some more creating in my room!

Blessings,
     lynda



1 comment:

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!