Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Tunisian Influence Card

I have been fighting off the sniffles and sneezes for the past four days.  The dripping and sneezing had subsided, but today I started with a cough.  Ugh!  I decided I had better not go to Curves and spread my germs (you're welcome), so worked in my craft room for a while.  This wedding card is for my daughter's best friend, Sarah, her roommate when she was in college.  Sarah and Randy were married in November in the Mexican Riviera, and this Saturday they are having a reception for family and friends who could not make it to Mexico in November.  We are looking forward to the festivities.

I had been wanting to use my Peony Scrolls stamp set from Altenew, so I stamped up one of the flowers with my Tim Holtz distress inks.  I stamped it onto watercolor paper, and used a watercolor brush and ink from the pads to add shading and dimension to the stamp.  I punched the gold panel along the right edge with a Martha Stewart punch.  The cream and blue panel down the center of the gold panel is a die.  I gave the card dimension by raising the leaves with foam tape, and the flower as well.  The Happy Wedding verse is from the same stamp set, and is raised with foam tape as well.  Not to difficult, and lots of fun to make.  

I am entering the card in the Altenew card challenge for May, which is From Places Abroad - Tunisia. You can check out the challenge on the Altenew blog at http://altenewblog.com/2015/05/02/may-challenge-from-places-abroad-tunisia/ .
Here is the inspiration picture:
That's it for tonight.   Extra vitamin C, Vicks, and my box of tissues and I are heading off to bed!

I'll be back tomorrow with a couple more cards I need to take pics of.

Blessings,
     lynda  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!