Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Birthday Card and Challenge Card

Oh, what a lovely day off I had.  Thank you Mother Nature!!
I spent the day reading, writing, and in my craft room.  Much of the time in my craft room was spent straightening my mess  work area, but then I did make a couple of cards.
This first one is for a couple of challenges:

Our Daily Bread Designs http://ourdailybreaddesignsblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/odbdslc46-blues-challenge.html  BLUES CHALLENGE (Had to use mostly blue)
I found this Hot Off The Press paper in my stash, and used a Martha Stewart punch, and, of course, ODBD scripture stamp.  I love this verse about hope.  It fits right in with my theme for the year this year A Little Perspective - Living In Joy, Hope, and Grace (my writing blog where you can read about my theme of hope).

Friday Sketchers http://fridaysketchersblog.blogspot.com/  Sketch challenge, and here's the sketch:
 Here's my card for these challenges:

I also made this birthday card for my dear friend (Penny Black stamps):

I'm thankful for a wonderful day.  Hope you got to do something fun, and didn't have to brave the weather.  Back to work tomorrow, so I'm off to bed now.  

Sweet dreams,

lynda

7 comments:

  1. Lynda, I love the soft and elegant feel of your first card...so perfect for this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!!I also like your second card....so timeless and beautiful!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just so very pretty!! I love your soft blues, beautiful background paper, and ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards. You are exceptionally talented! Found the PB flower vase stamp, but cannot find the lovely scripted happy birthday. Do you have the name? Would like to try to make it for a friend. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What stunning creations Lynda!!I just love your dp and blue on your first card. Se elegant! Great way to frame that scripture. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. Just LOVE your vase of flowers card! Absolutely beautiful! How did you stamp the vase and flowers with different colors? Did you color your stamp with markers? If so, what kind? The colors are rich and fabulous. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the love, girls.
    Susan - I colored the vase and flowers with Marvy LePlume markers, then misted it with fine mist spritzer with water. Don't remember what colors I used, though. Thanks.
    Anonymous - Sorry, the happy birthday is from a Printworks set Q002 - I actually did the stamping a few weeks ago, and put the pieces aside, then made the card on Tuesday...I thought they were all PB stamps, but the phrase is Printworks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! You really ARE a GREAT artist. I've bookmarked your blog. Look forward to seeing your beautiful talent on display!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!