Friday, February 25, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Card

What a great day for stamping and paper crafting.  I was out of work by noon, and it was snowing like crazy all day.  I had a quick lunch, put on a pot of chicken soup to simmer for dinner tonight, made a cup of tea, and headed up to my craft room. 
A quick scan of challenges coming due told me that Card Patterns Sketch 103 is due today.  Here's a picture of the sketch: 




I had fun with this one.  At first I didn't think I liked it, but it kind of grew on me.  After all, it is supposed to be a challenge, right?  So, here's my take on it:

I used Impression-Obsession stamps CL66 Luck of the Irish clear stamps.  The embossing powder is silver pearl by Ranger.  This shade of green is probably my least favorite color, but it seemed to work for this St. Patty's card.  I think my son-in-law Dan will like it, as he is Irish all the way, so I'll send this to him and my daughter, Faith.  Now I have to get going on something for the girlies.  They have their father's Irish in them, and their mom's Korean....our little Irasian girls!  Hmmm...better check out some more challenges!
Hope it brings you some luck!
Blessings,
lynda

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute take on the card pattern, Lynda! I like the silver embossing with the green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used the sketch. Fantastic color choice. I REALLY DO!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!