Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Technique Tuesday - Simple Card with Marker Outline

I love the look of simple cards...their clean lines, uncomplicated design, and fresh look.  But, for me, they are a challenge.  I find it difficult to stop at the CAS (clean and simple) point.  I want to add more; multiple layers, dimension, a touch of this, a snip of that, a sprinkling of anything.  That's why, when I received a request for some ideas for some simpler cards, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to challenge myself. 
For today's technique, I chose a non-coloring, clean and easy marker technique. 
Begin with a white embossed image.  Choose a brush marker, such as Tombow or Marvy LePlume, in a color slightly darker than the color of the card stock the image is on.  Then, simply run the marker around the image, creating an outline.  That's it....it's that simple! As much as I love watercoloring, or adding color with PrismaColor pencils or chalks, this technique really makes the image "pop," and I love the look.
And here's my card:
Stamps are Penny Black.  I stamped the script on the pink card.  The main image panel is layered onto a scalloped layer, and attached.  Miss you panel added.  I stamped the same background script onto the flower, and attached with a button.  Just a touch of crystal glitter glue to finish off the scallops and verse panel.  I chose pink, so I could enter this in the Penny Black Saturday Challenge here.  The theme is Pretty In Pink.
It was very difficult for me not to keep going, but I forced myself to stop.  I'm pleased with the look, and will try it again.  Hmmmm, looking at this, I'm thinking a few pearls, perhaps some lace and ribbon..... Well, here I go again!  I will not add anything, I will not add anything, I will NOT!

Enjoy your evening.

Blessings,
lynda

7 comments:

  1. Lynda - I love the simple look of this card. The Penny Black stamp is so great, perfect when white embossed and outlined in a shadow of the cardstock color. Ah, spring! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definetely fall in love with it :) hope you win the challenge :)

    hugs
    yenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card lynda and I love what you did with the gorgeous Whisper image..thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and thanks for sharing the technique. Great to have you join in this weeks challenge at Penny Black.

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes a wonderful simple card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful CAS card! I love all the pink.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!