Friday, February 28, 2014

Stamping and Zentangles....who knew?



I promised another post today, so here goes.  I'm ahead of schedule wih dinner, as what I thought was chicken that I took from the freezer was a ham bone.  So, I threw that baby into a pot and cooked it to make a yummy stock, and put it into the crock pot with some onions, Garlic, veges, beans, yadda, yadda and it's cooking while I'm happily going about my business.  Gotta say, the smell is making me crazy hungry for ham bone soup.  But it will be great to have dinner ready whenever we want to eat tonight.  I love, love, love my crock pot.

Now, on to two more cards I made yesterday:


Can you tell I was on a quest?  I had warercolored some textures cardstock and thought I would make as many themed cards as I could with it, the same colors, and the same blue and green fiber.   I also wanted to experiment with joining my doodles and Zentangles with my rubber stamps.
On the first card, the background is a Hero Arts stamp, with some Penny Black stamps, and that lovely Printworks verse.  The second card features Hero Arts background Penny black background and border, and the same fibers.  
Both cards are stamped and warercolored with Tim Holtz Distress Inks.  The funky plant is a Zentangle drawn by me, hence why it looks different on both cards.   I love the way it stands out against the warercolored background.  Think I'm onto something here!
Hope you get some time to play this weekend!
Blessings,
lynda


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!