Saturday, January 31, 2015

Stamp Layering Technique Cards

Good morning.  It's bitter cold here, so I thought I would make a few cards with a twist on an old technique, which I found here on Hero Arts website.  They call it stamp layering.  The basic idea is to stamp a background stamp with white embossing powder and emboss it, then, using inks (I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks, ink over the background.  Finally, stamp an image over this background.  There are a few steps, which are wonderfully shown in the tutorial on the Hero Arts website link above.
Here is my take on the technique.....
 This first card I entered in the Mojo Monday Tall & Skinny challenge HERE.  I used the free stamp set I won from last week's challenge (see previous post for details).  Here is the sketch that I used for this challenge card....
These are the other two cards I made with this technique....

 Thank you for stopping by today....hope you are staying warm!  I'd love to see what you're working on in your craft room, if you'd like to share in the comments below!  I love to hear from you!

Blessings....
lynda


1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful cards! Love the technique. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!