Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Spring Is In The Air Card

The challenge over at Allsorts this week is Spring Is In The Air.  And boy, am I ever glad to see that.   Although it hasn't been a very bitter winter, I'm so ready for my garden and warm breezes.

Here's my card for the Allsorts challenge:
I used an old Hero Arts tulip stamp and ferns.  I inked them with distress inks, spritzed with water, then stamped onto watercolor paper.  I added more water here and there to create a painterly look.  The dies for the panel are Spellbinders, and the prayers die is Hero Arts for Simon Says Stamp - Prayers SSS101562.  I love this set, it includes the prayers die, and a stamp set with a large word prayers in script, with lots of printed words to go along with it.  

I cut the prayers die from a sheet of fun foam.  I love the dimension when you use foam for your word dies, and it cuts through like butter!  I picked that little tip up on Jennifer McGuire's blog through one of her videos.
The panel is raised with fun foam behind it (also learned that one from Jennifer).  The panel underneath is pink vellum.  It looks so delicate in person.

I am sending this card to the Lasting Hearts Card drive over at Jennifer McGuire's blog.  You can read about it HERE.  It's such a wonderful cause, and I am glad to contribute.

While I was stamping, I filled a large sheet of the watercolor paper with these tulips, so I have another card in the works for tomorrow's post.  Please stop back and check it out.  

Thank you for stopping by.  Have a great evening.

Blessings,

lynda


2 comments:

  1. A really beautiful Spring creation Lynda and perfect for our theme, many thanks for joining in our Spring is in the Air challenge at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours and a lovely image.
    Thank you for joining our Spring colours challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!