Thursday, May 5, 2016

Funky Bird Thank You Card

I thought I would stamp something fun today.  I'm usually all about flowers and leaves.  But today I decided to just have a little fun with color and funky stamps.  Actually, I had some card stock all stamped up with some bird stamps I had stamped when I was with my friend, Karen.  The stamps are by Dyan Reaveley, Dylusion cling stamps.  So, I pulled out my colored pencils, and this happened.....
I sponged color over a Recollections stencil from one of their stamp and stencil sets onto a lime green card, using the small circles stencil and TH distress inks in twisted citron and broken china.  The bird and cheep cheep boxes were stamped on white card stock, and colored with my Faber Castell polychromos colored pencils.  I didn't do anything fancy...just cut out the bird and sayings and did some layering with foam tape, and a touch of the Spectrum Noir sparkle brush for a touch of shimmer.  I did that last step after taking the picture, however.  The Thanks sentiment is from a Printworks clear stamp set (Many Thanks Q003).

Of course, this card is going to Karen.  Not only did I use her stamps, but she sent me home with a couple of dozen home made biscotti.  And boy, are they ever yummy!!  Such a great friend!! 

I'm entering this card in these challenges:

Addicted To Stamps - for the Make Your Mark challenge


That's it for today.  Hope you were able to enjoy some of the sunshine today.  Thanks for visiting!

Blessings,

lynda





4 comments:

  1. An adorable card Lynda, a beautiful design with super cute image - I love his socks and super colouring!! your design and colours are lovely coloured
    details!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun image! Thanks for Making your Mark at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the fun colours and polka dots. A really cheery creation.
    Thanks for playing along at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what fabulous funky bird, great card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!