The stamp is by Technique Junkies (SD601 Stand Tall).
I used a stencil from The Crafter's Workshop (TCW461s Mini Rosetta), and my Clarity brushes to softly brush distress inks in crushed olive, wild honey, and wilted violet onto white card stock. I love, love, love the Clarity brushes....they are so soft, and are wonderfully tapered, so you can get the softest, almost air-brushed looking results. Or, you can apply more ink, and get a darker look. And they don't tear and push at the stencil. Love 'em!
Making sure the stenciled background was dry, I embossed the stamp with black in the bottom right corner. Then I added some black spatters, and a black strip of paper along the left edge to balance the composition.
Finally, I cut a piece of white seam binding, and 'dyed' it by rubbing the distress colors onto my craft mat, spritzing with water, and dabbing the ribbon into the colors. I scrunched it up, and dried it with my heat tool, very carefully. Then I ran my tape runner along the edge where the black strip met the background, and stuck the ribbon to it, sort of pushing it here and there to create a sort of ruffled look.
That's it! Easy-peasy. And so fun.
I am adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - For A Guy
Allsorts Challenge Blog - Use bows or ribbons
Virginia's View Challenge - All About Colors
Thanks so much for stopping by. I will be back tomorrow with a watercolored card.