Here's how I made this background from the page.
- Tear the page from the book.
- Crumple tightly, forming a wad with the page.
- Open wad and run distress ink directly from the stamp pad over the bumps, pressing lightly so as not to get ink all over the paper, but just on the higher areas. I used Tim Holtz brushed corduroy distress ink for this step.
- Open and flatten paper. Brayer lighter color over entire page. I used Tim Holtz old paper distress ink for this step.
- Trim page to desired size.
- Attach to card base.
- OPTIONAL: I rubbed some Brilliance gold ink in spots on the page to give it some gold highlights.
For those who live in my area, don't forget, this weekend is the huge craft garage sale at my house. Saturday, from 9 AM until 4 PM, and Sunday, from 11 AM until 4 PM. Hope you can make it!
Peace and blessings,