Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Technique Tuesday - All-over glitter

You have a great card idea, and a terrific image you're itching to use.  You pick your colors, cut your papers, select your embellishments, and determine your layout.  You carefully color your image, trim, and mount your image on the card.  When you survey your finished card, you feel it needs something.  Sound familiar?

Often, when this happens to me, I reach for the glitter.  A little bling usually is just the right touch.  Here's a technique that glitters the entire image panel for a really impressive look, like on the cards you find in the store!  It is easy to do, and you probably have all the materials in your craft room.

Here's the card I made.  The owl image panel (Hero Arts stamp, flower Spellbinder's die) has been glittered.

What you'll need:

- Multi crystal ultra-fine glitter
- Clear embossing powder
- VersaMark or other clear embossing pad

Directions:
- Mix embossing powder and glitter with equal parts each.
- Stamp image and color with desired medium.  I colored the owl with markers.  Heat set.
- "Ink" image with VersaMark pad (tap pad all over the panel with the image on it)..
- Cover inked image with embossing powder/glitter mixture, heat emboss, and you're done!



















No, your eyes are not playing tricks on you.  The pictures with the instructions do show a shoe image.  I changed my mind and used the owl instead.  Oh, yeah, and I mistakenly used the wrong embossing powder on it.  I used a silver/clear glittered powder, instead of my home-made clear glitter/clear powder mixture.....not so pretty!

So, go ahead and bling it up!

 Blessings and peace,

lynda

2 comments:

  1. Neat Lynda! I had forgotten about that one....Love that owl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try this one tomorow.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!