Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Technique Tuesday - Quick & Easy Summery Card

Cool Colors For Summer Cards
I love to use cool colors when I make cards in the summer.  Cool colors on the color wheel make you feel relaxed, refreshed, and well, cool!  These colors are blues, greens, and purples.  They work well for summer cards, also.  
Today's technique card is quick and easy, and just a little bit different in design than the typical card.  
This card is simply three pieces of card stock....the blue card base, the green top, and the white panel where I stamped my image.   The blue card base is actually the back of the card.  The green piece was cut a little smaller than the blue piece, then I scored the green piece about 1/2" from the top, ripped the bottom to create a torn edge, then added three mini brads along the top.  Finally, I secured the piece to the blue card stock base.

The image was stamped with India Ink black pad, then watercolored.  To keep my daisy white, I added some blue paint around the outside of the petals.  The wave of sea green color under the phrase makes it pop.  I added the wide ribbon for fun, then added the stamped panel with foam tape.  
Easy, fun card, which uses only minimal pieces and embellishments!  Great for those quick notes.

The next picture shows the inside of the card (the inside is on the blue card base):
  For the inside sentiment, I added a piece of yellow patterned paper, on which I stamped the words.  I stamped the flower on scrap card stock, colored, and cut it out and adhered it.

That's it today.....keeping it simple, but still pretty and fun!

Enjoy your week, and be sure to get outside to catch some rays!!

Blessings,

lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!