Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Every Day..... Color Challenge # 17

Today I decided to use some of my favorite stamps from years past, and some high-gloss paper.  When I had my rubber stamp shop, I had demo days every month.  Some of my favorite stamps to use, no matter what technique I was demoing, were the pear stamps from A Stamp In The Hand.  These are solid image stamps, and I just love using ink pads, markers, paints, you name it on these stamps.  It got so that if I didn't use it at one of my demos people were disappointed.  
Using glossy card stock and Adirondack inks, I inked up the stamps, placing color in different areas by using the edge of the ink pads.  Then I huffed (breathed hard) on the stamp, and stamped.  The lighter images are where I re-stamped without reinking the stamp.  Then I partially inked the pears background stamp (A Stamp In The Hand also) and stamped it here and there on the card.

I usually like to sponge a little color onto the background, but decided to keep this one a little cleaner and simpler.  I love this technique, and the way the inks really show up on the glossy card stock.  

The card is a white glossy card.  I inked the edges with a finger dauber tool using green ink pad to match the pear panel.  I cut the panel with a Spellbinders curved rectangular die.

The little pear charm is one of many charms I have left from when I closed my store.  I have resolved to start using some of the items I have stashed, rather than keep buying new 'stuff.'

This card is for The Daily Marker 30 day challenge, day 17. 

Off now to do some more Zentangles.  

Blessings,

lynda 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!