Monday, October 17, 2016

More Hands, More Candy Halloween Card

This stamp just made me smile, so it had to come home with me when I saw it!  Since I absolutely fear and dread spiders, I'm surprised that this stamp even made it into my cart...but it was just too cute to pass up.  Besides, it's not creepy and crawly.
Here is the card I made with it....
I started by stamping the spider lady (Art Impressions (4641 More candy) with India Ink black, then colored her with Faber Castell Polychromos colored pencils.  I added some lines around her pupil to create an iris in her eyes, added some white dots with my white Signo gel pen, and some black glitter with my at you Spica black glitter pen to her gloves, collar, and boots.
Then I created a mask for the image with Judi Kins masking paper, and masked the image.  I used my Clarity stencil brushes, and The Crafter's Workshop stencil Mini Reversed Branches, to create the tree background.  I used TH distress inks on the background.  Next, I brushed green around the edges, leaving the center white, which created a highlight for the cute little spider lady to take center stage.  I used some Art Impressions grass for her to pose on.

Some bats finished off the panel.  I trimmed the panel down, and layered it onto some matching card stock, then onto an orange card.  The happy halloween is a stamp from my stash, which had been taken off the wood, so I'm afraid I do not know details about it.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

Little Red Wagon - Best Witches!

Addicted To Stamps  - Photo inspiration

Cas-ual Fridays - One in eight (eight dots on spider and eight legs)

Virginia's View  - Focal point


I'm so glad you stopped by today.  Thanks so much for visiting.   

Blessings,

lynda
 

3 comments:

  1. Adorable!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Little Red Wagon for the Best Witches Challenge. Donna (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my stars! Your spider lady is amazing; I need a costume like that! The background with the trees and bats: perfect! Thank you for sharing this gem in the Addicted to Stamps and More gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a hoot, Lynda. The stenciled trees in the background are a perfect setting your your 'trick or treater'. I'm glad you shared your card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!