Saturday, October 1, 2016

Nature Turns To Gold - Fall Card

I revisited my embossing powders for my card today.  They have been neglected lately, waiting quietly in the corner of my craft room.  And do I have embossing powder!  Every color and texture imaginable.  So, when I picked this stamp set from Inkadinkado to make a fall card with, I thought what better medium to highlight the verse!
  Here is a close-up which shows the detail a little better.  The sparkle of the embossing powder did not show well in the picture above...in real life it just shimmers and sparkles!
To create my card, first I sponged distress inks in yellows and oranges onto an A2 sized panel of card stock.  Then, making sure the panel was dry, I stamped and embossed the verse in Ranger gold embossing powder.  Then I reheated the embossing, and spooned some copper embossing powder along the word fall, and reheated.  The heat from the initial embossing made the embossed areas grab hold of the new embossing powder, so when I reheated, the copper powder was on top.

I repeated this same process with branches and leaves, heating, then adding copper to the tips.

Thinking I wanted a little more 'fire' to the embossing, I reached for my all-time favorite embossing powder, Egyptian Gold by JudiKins.  This powder has extreme sparkle with glitter in fiery colors, and just jumps off the paper!  The picture definitely is lacking in doing it justice.  I heated the entire embossed area, small sections at a time, then sprinkled a little of the Egyptian Gold powder here and there. 

I used the EG embossing powder to create a strip of glittery embossing to match along the right side of the image, then layered the panel over it on an A2 card base.

A few sequins in gold and copper, and some gold cord finish off the card, keeping it clean and simple, with the focus on the stamping.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

Cards in Envy Challenge - Goodbye summer/hello fall

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Powder power

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge  - Anything goes

Make My Monday - No patterned paper

Mod Squad Challenge - Falling leaves

I had so much fun with my embossing powders.  I resolved that I would definitely be using them more in the future.  They still hold a little magic for me, each time I see the images come to life under my heat tool.  

Thank you for stopping by today.  Please stop by the challenges above and check out the projects and leave some love.  

Blessings,

lynda




 

5 comments:

  1. Such a pretty autumnal card which has captured my favourite season perfectly! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sparkle. Thanks for sharing with Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, love your leaves and the gold is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! I need to dig out my embossing stuff. Thanks for joining us at Cards In Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card - love the gold embossing!! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!