Saturday, April 29, 2017

Penny Black Stamps Birthday Card

Today was the day I decided to try my new stencil from Penny Black.....
Stamps/Stencil:  Penny Black stencil Luster 25-013; Penny Black stamps - Special Thoughts clear set 30-338, Letter Background 1999L, Corner Piece 2859H, and Swirl Border 1969B.
Other:  Tim Holtz distress inks and applicator, Clarity stencil brushes, Faber Castell pastels, cotton applicator, sequins (stash), Strathmore mixed media paper.

I started with an A6 card, and added a strip of blue card stock along the left side.  I put that aside and worked on the main panel, which I had made on the mixed media paper.

I applied distress inks through the stencil onto the panel, using the ink applicator tools, shading as I went to create dimension on the petals, to the best of my ability.  I let that dry a little, then used a square cotton makeup remover applicator to apply blue pastel chalks lightly on the background around the flowers.

Using the Clarity stencil brushes, I brushed gathered twigs distress ink along the corners and borders of the panel, then stamped some Penny Black images intermittently onto the background.  

I added the birthday sentiment from the Special Thoughts set.  I love the script on this verse.  I added the panel to my prepared card base.  Finally, some sequins for a finishing touch.

I am adding my card today to these challenges:

Penny Black Saturday Challenge  - Spring or Easter

Penny Black at Allsorts - All things spring

Seize The Birthday Challenge - Anything goes

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything goes

I wanted to put my mulch out in my garden this afternoon, but the trees in our back yard and our neighbor's are shedding those little yellow blossom/seeds.  They're coming down like snow, and our yard, driveway, and gardens are almost all yellow!  I will have to wait until that stops, then clean up the gardens and yard before I mulch.  So.....it's on to Zentangle instead.  But, perhaps first, a little nap?  Hmmm...sounds like a great idea to me.  Gotta love weekends, right?!

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you are having a wonderful weekend, doing exactly what you want to be doing.

Blessings,

lynda
 

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card with beautiful colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More April challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with your stencil! Your flowers came out perfectly! Such a delightful card! Thanks for being with us at Seize the Birthday for Anything Goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Lynda! Your stencil work is just perfect and so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stamping and inking, many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!