Saturday, October 21, 2017

Happy Fall Sunflower Card

Sunflowers are a basic part of many fall floral arrangements and fall wreaths and decor.  It's no wonder, as they are one of the most glorious flowers you can find.  From the rich golden curly yellow petals, to the fabulous seeds inside the center, these flowers display magnificently!
I have several sunflower stamps.  This one from Penny Black (2669K 'Sunny') is one of my favorites.  It is a solid image, with an artsy, watercolor feel to it.  For my card today, I chose to stamp it on black card stock, using white ColorBox pigment ink.  I let the ink dry while I went about my chores, and came back and colored it with my Polychromos colored pencils.  I added some white lines here and there with a nib pen dipped in Dr. Ph. Martin's Bombay white india ink.  I added the white spatters of the same ink with a fine paint brush which I tapped to spray the ink.

I die cut the panel with Our Daily Bread Designs double quilted dies, and mounted it to yellow/gold card stock panel, which I die cut, as well.  I used fun foam to mount it to a brown panel, then a black A2 card.  I hand lettered 'happy fall' along the bottom.  A strip of black and white dp along the edge for interest, and a bow and little sunflower charm I found in my stash, and that is it. 

I've had several people ask me about my bows.  I have had a Bow-Easy tool (by Posi-Bendr Company) for years, and use it all the time.  It is so easy to use, and makes perfect bows each time.  It takes all the guesswork out of bow-making.  I love it. 
 
I am submitting my card to the Splitcoaststampers Falliday Fest Challenge (Fall Splendor).   Falliday Fest is an annual fall challenge on Splitcoaststampers.  You can read the details HERE and check out all the fabulous entries HERE. 
The challenge deadline is October 31st, so you still have time to enter.  Hope to see you there.

I am also entering my card in these challenges:

Penny Black At Allsorts Challenge - Close to nature

House of Cards Challenge - Halloween colors 


  





The Flower Challenge  - Favorite flower


I am going for prize # 4 ($25 Gift Code for The Ton)




Thanks so much for stopping by.  I know how busy weekend days can be, so I really appreciate you visiting. 

What is your favorite thing about fall?   If you feel inclined, please leave a comment and let me know.

Blessings,

lynda

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful work as always Lynda, it's always a pleasure to see your creations. Many thanks for joining us again at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Lynda, such a stunning looking flower. Love all the layers too and finished off perfectly with the gold flower embellishment. Thank you so much for joing us at The Flower Challenge Aileen DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow stunning work. Just Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! I love your colouring on the black background and the gold embellishment is gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at the penny black and more challenge.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty - love the watercolor look and the coloring is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at The House of Cards this month.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!