Tuesday, October 17, 2017

I Love You More Than Candy Corn Halloween Card

Greetings!  I thought I would post a card I made for the Impression-Obsession Challenge . 
The challenge theme at IO is 'You're an animal.'  Owls are animals, yes?  And I just adore these cute little Impression-Obsession owl stamps (B7800 Owl on Hat and D7801 Owl on Head.  I stamped, colored them with Copics, then fussy-cut them and layered them onto a die cut heart (die unknown).  It is actually two stamps, which I stacked.  The verse is also Impression-Obsession (A14476) More Than Candy Corn.  

I added some Simon Says Stamp Assorted Moonshine sequins, and layered the heart on an A2 card, layered with some candy corn designer paper and a strip of purple.  
I added some feathers and a pretty shimmery orange ribbon and bow for a whimsical touch.

This will be our halloween card for my six year old granddaughter.  Now I have to make one for her older sister.

I also added this card to the Falliday Fest Challenge at SplitCoastStampers HERE.

NOW for some news I've been waiting to tell you, which will explain why I haven't posted much here in the past four weeks.  (don't worry, I'm back)!   I am now on the Dirty Dozen Design Team for SplitCoastStampers!  I received an email about four weeks ago from Lydia, asking me if I would be interested in being on the design team.  It really took me by surprise!  I am honored and delighted to represent SCS.  I have been working furiously, making cards for the October theme challenge (Creepy Crawlies), and learning the 'behind the scenes' ropes.  Mine and the other 11 Dirty Dozen design team members six cards each will be posted in the October theme gallery.  The monthly theme challenge is available to be viewed and entered by SplitCoastStamper Fan Club members.  The other galleries are open to anyone.  Here is a link to the Splitcoaststampers site.  I hope you will stop by to see all the amazing cards.  
SCS is a fun community, with daily, weekly, and monthly challenges, tutorials, and hundreds of members' galleries.  

You can also join the site and add your own gallery.  I have been a member there since 2007.  Please stop by there and say hello.  There are tons of forums where you can ask questions, check out what's new, get tips and ideas.

I'm happy to be back in my blog, and will continue to regularly post here.  Now that I am familiar with the procedures and technical stuff over at SCS, I will have more time for my home sweet home here at Paper Arts Cafe!

I hope you are having a great week.  See you soon in the cafe!

Blessings,

lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!