Sunday, December 20, 2020

Slimline Norway Spruce

I am listening to Christmas music as I write my post today.  There are five day until Christmas here, and our holiday festivities have been different, and bring challenges, as we prepare to celebrate this favorite holiday away from our kids and loved ones. 
 
But with the challenges and disappointments, comes calm and peace.  We are taking more time to be with each other, in relaxed settings.  Sharing a few moments enjoying coffee and cookies, watching holiday movies, walking in the snow, listening to Christmas music, and spending time in God's Word.  We are appreciating all of the important gifts...our health, family, home, friends, our kitty, and time to enjoy our blessings.

Now, on to my card!

Impression Obsession Stamps Links:

How I made it:
  • On a Bristol card stock panel, I used distress ink and brush ink applicators to apply color to the panel, and blend.
  • I stamped the Norway Spruce  image over this background, using distress inks in various shades of green.  I used my Misti so that I could add colors in layers.
  • I removed the panel from the Misti, and added some lighter images, which I had inked then stamped off a couple of times on scrap paper. I added some embossing pen along some of the branches, and sprinkled gold embossing powder and embossed them.
  • I attached the panel to a slightly larger green panel, then onto a white slimline card front.  The finished size of my card is 8 1/2 x 3 1/2, and fits nicely into a business size envelope.
  • I gold embossed the word peace from part of one of the greetings in the Winter Greetings slimline set, and layered and added it to the card.
  • INSIDE:  I stamped the tree a few times, after stamping off on scrap paper, to achieve light images, then added some gold FineTec metallic watercolor paint.
And that is it!  I hope you like my card, and I wish you a very happy holiday, and a New Year filled with many blessings!

Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!