Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Birthday Hugs Floral Card

Hello friends!  It has been a while since my last post.  Life.  Summer.  Family.  Yadda-yadda.  All of the above.  But, I'm back.  All of the other is still going on, but I am carving out more me-time.  For my health and sanity!  So I hope to be on here a little more often now. 

My card today is for the Altenew Ultimate Challenge Blog Hop.   Several blogs are participating, and it sounded like fun.  

I used one of Altenew's Watercolor Coloring Book pages.  I LOVE this book.  Each flower is beautifully drawn, and each design has two flowers, one in regular black line, and one in very light gray for no-line coloring.  

I used Altenew pan watercolor paints to paint my image and background.  These watercolors are very high quality, and I found them a delight to paint with!  The Altenew watercolor brushes are artist quality also.   I have been using them for a while, and they are my go-to brushes now.  And they are reasonably priced for a this quality brush.  I used Polychromos colored pencils to add highlights and shading.
With a micron pen, I drew lines for borders along the top and bottom of the image, and along both sides.  I like the way they frame in the flower. 

I used the same pen to write the Happy Birthday, and drew in some black dots for texture and interest.

I attached the painting to a white A2 card front.  Inside, I used an image from the Wonderland and mask stencil, with some distress ink.  The inside verse is from the Altenew Beautiful Day set.

INSIDE

That's it for today.  The hubs and I are quarantining for 14 days, as we were with a friend Thursday who wasn't feeling well.  She took the Covid test the next day and was positive.  Thankfully, we are both well, and have tested negative for Covid, but the state mandates 14 days quarantine because of our exposure.  We have both been vaccinated, but apparently can be carrying the virus.  We are on day six.  Not fun.

So, I am brushing up on my watercoloring, taking a course that I am really enjoying.  I will post some of my work as we get a little further along.

Stay well.  Stay positive.  Be kind.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. welcome back. An absolutely beautiful card to start with. Love the coloring with the polychromos. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! I struggle with watercolor, but this has inspired me to try again!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!