Sunday, September 10, 2017

Distress Oxide Background Card

Today I played some more with my distress oxide inks. 
To create the panel, I used bristol smooth paper and Tim Holtz distress oxide inks.  I rubbed the inks onto my craft mat, spritzed water to them, and smooshed my card into the inks.  I repeated, heating between each addition of color, and added some water droplets to get the oxidation process going.  I used a scrap piece that I had left over from cutting larger pieces.

I black embossed a stamp from Simon Says Stamp Handwritten Floral Greetings set and a verse from their Blessed set.  I added the panel to an A2 lavender card, and added black lines above and below the panel with a black micron pen.  Some Studio Katia sparkling crystals finish off my card.

Challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge - Just stamp it

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Stamp it

Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday - What you're working on

CAS Watercolor Challenge - Silhouette

The Daily Marker 30 Day Color Challenge

Hope you had a lovely weekend.  Thanks for visiting.

Blessings,

lynda


2 comments:

  1. I love the layers of color with the DOX inks, Lynda! And the graceful florals are beautiful on this piece! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours with your layered DOX inks, Lynda. And beautiful silhouette images. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!