Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Simon Says Stamp Challenge Card # 2

This sketch ranunculus clear stamp set from Simon Says Stamp is sure getting a lot of use in my art room. I really like and use it a lot.  It's great for cards, and tags, and even journal pages.  I thought I would use it to make another card for a couple of the Simon Says Stamp challenges today.
To start, I stamped the pieces-parts of the set with India Ink black onto a watercolor panel, and watercolored them using Derwent Inktense water pencils.  I love, love, love how vibrant and intense these pencils are when you add water, and they are easy to use. 

Because the pigments in these pencils dries permanently, it does not run when water touches it when it is dry.  So, it was easy to create a watercolor background by dropping some distress inks colors onto the paper, and manipulating them with my brush.

I added some spatters, and some flat sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.   The verse is from SSS It's Your Birthday set.

I am adding my card to the The Daily Marker 30 Day Color Challenge.  I am also adding it to these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Stamp it!

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge  - Anything goes

Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge - Just stamp it!

Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge - Anything goes with spritz









I just got a phone call from my granddaughters, who are very excited about starting school tomorrow morning.  They had to tell me what they were wearing, what they packed for lunch, and how excited they were.  I wish I was able to be there in the morning, but they live in Buffalo, and I would have to leave here at 5 AM to get there on time to see the 7th grader off.  We will Face-Time them in the morning.  I'm so happy for FT!

Now, it's off to do some knitting for while before retiring for the evening.  Extra prayers tonight for the victims of hurricane Harvey, and for the folks in Florida as hurricane Iris heads their way.  

Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings,

lynda

 

3 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous card! Th colors are so beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the watercolouring. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Stamp it Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so pretty, but most of all, I like your "About Me"! I say Amen! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!